Daniel J. Kunz, B.Sc. Eng. MBA
CEO and Director
- Professional engineer and Master of Business Administration with over 35 years of experience in mining, constructing and financing global resource projects.
- Former CEO of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., founder and CEO of US Geothermal Inc which sold for $250M.
- Senior officer of Morrison Knudson Corporation & and CEO of MK Gold Company and Director of Chesapeke Gold (located 90 kms from Los Reyes) for 17 years.
- Built numerous mines including Castle Mountain and American Girl.
Scott Hicks, P.Eng, CFA
- 20+ years’ experience in geology and mine planning as an engineer and executive.
- Most recently Senior VP with Kinross Gold responsible for financial evaluations, strategic planning, technical problem solving, resource and reserve calculations, project studies and business development.
Executive Advisor and Director
- Venture capitalist, 30 years experience as owner operator of drilling companies and leadership in worldwide mineral exploration and development.
- Founded/funded Millennial Lithium Corp and built teams to pursue precious, base and industrial metals from exploration to production.
- Founder/operator of Caldera Environmental, Pinnacle Mines, ATW Gold, Cap-Ex Iron Ore, Millennial and American Lithium Corp.
Scott Smith, P.Geo
Executive Vice-President, Exploration
- Qualified Person, registered professional geologist, with over 25 years of mine production and exploration experience in Canada, the US, Peru and Chile, across world-class operating mines, brownfield and greenfield situations.
- Formerly Chief Geologist for Taseko Gibraltar Mines Ltd.
- Previously was Exploration Manager for Teck Resources Limited for Chile and Argentina based in Santiago; Exploration Manager for Newmont Mining Corp. at Minera Yanacocha in Peru; and Senior Mine Geologist at Antamina Mine in Peru for Compania Minera Antamina SA.
Ian Harcus, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
- Chartered Professional Accountant with over 12 years of financial and accounting experience.
- Extensive background in financial management, reporting, corporate transactions & international jurisdictions including Mexico.
- Former CFO & VP, Finance at Alio Gold Inc. (acquired by Argonaut Gold Inc.)
- Held public accounting positions with Grant Thornton LLP and Ernst and Young.
Kerry Sparkes, P.Geo
- Registered professional geologist and Qualified Person in British Columbia and Newfoundland.
- Over 30 years experience in mineral exploration as an exploration geologist & mining executive.
- Most recently, Past Vice President Geology, Franco-Nevada Corporation responsible for evaluating global mineral deposits.
- Co-Founder & director of Orla Mining Ltd., & Director of Aurion Resources Ltd.
- Previously, VP Exploration Rainy River Resources Ltd., VP Exploration Messina Minerals Inc., Senior Geologist for Voisey’s Bay Nickel Co. Ltd.
Vice President, Investor Relations
- Public markets specialist with over 25 years of experience in mining industry from exploration to production.
- Represented mining resource companies listed on major stock exchanges (including TSX and NYSE).
- Responsibilities have included corporate governance, corporate communications, finance and maintaining strong relationships within investment banking and institutional investors.
- Former VP of Belcarra Group, Alio Gold/Timmins Gold, Orko Silver and Founding Director of Gold Producer Magna Gold.
Alejandro Caraveo, P.Geo
Country Manager, Mexico
- 25+ years in mineral resource exploration and development, strong relationships within government and Mexican business community.
- Former Managing Director Mineras de Soyopa SA and Gammon Lake de Mexico SA and Metales Interamericanos SA (subsidiary of Mexigold Resources).
Bruce Kienlen, P.Geo.
- Professional Geologist with over 20 years experience in mineral exploration working with junior and major exploration companies.
- Served as senior geologist with Canterra Minerals & Independence Gold, VP Exploration for Diamonds North Resources and project geologist for BHP Billiton.
- Played a key role in the discovery of the diamondiferous Repulse Bay (Qilalugaq) and Amaruk kimberlite fields.
Luis Saenz, B.Sc.
Project Technical Manager
- 31 years experience in exploration and development, construction and early production phases of both open pit and underground mines at Ocampo and expansion project for the La Guitarra Mine.
- Has extensive contacts throughout the Mexican mining industry.
Prime Mining Corp
We are committed to transparency and love to hear from investors.