Daniel J. Kunz, B.Sc. Eng. MBA
CEO and Director
- Professional engineer and Master of Business Administration with over 35 years of experience in mining, constructing and financing global resource projects.
- Former CEO of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., founder and CEO of US Geothermal Inc which sold for $250M.
- Senior officer of Morrison Knudson Corporation & and CEO of MK Gold Company and Director of Chesapeke Gold (located 90 kms from Los Reyes) for 17 years.
- Built numerous mines including Castle Mountain and American Girl.
Executive Advisor and Director
- Venture capitalist, 30 years experience as owner operator of drilling companies and leadership in worldwide mineral exploration and development.
- Founded/funded Millennial Lithium Corp and built teams to pursue precious, base and industrial metals from exploration to production.
- Founder/operator of Caldera Environmental, Pinnacle Mines, ATW Gold, Cap-Ex Iron Ore, Millennial and American Lithium Corp.
Scott Smith, P.Geo
Executive Vice-President, Exploration
- Qualified Person, registered professional geologist, with over 25 years of mine production and exploration experience in Canada, the US, Peru and Chile, across world-class operating mines, brownfield and greenfield situations.
- Formerly Chief Geologist for Taseko Gibraltar Mines Ltd.
- Previously was Exploration Manager for Teck Resources Limited for Chile and Argentina based in Santiago; Exploration Manager for Newmont Mining Corp. at Minera Yanacocha in Peru; and Senior Mine Geologist at Antamina Mine in Peru for Compania Minera Antamina SA.
Scott Hicks, P.Eng, CFA
- 20+ years’ experience in geology and mine planning as an engineer and executive.
- Most recently Senior VP with Kinross Gold responsible for financial evaluations, strategic planning, technical problem solving, resource and reserve calculations, project studies and business development.
Ian Harcus, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
- Chartered Professional Accountant with over 12 years of financial and accounting experience.
- Extensive background in financial management, reporting, corporate transactions & international jurisdictions including Mexico.
- Former CFO & VP, Finance at Alio Gold Inc. (acquired by Argonaut Gold Inc.)
- Held public accounting positions with Grant Thornton LLP and Ernst and Young.
Kerry Sparkes, P.Geo
- Registered professional geologist and Qualified Person in British Columbia and Newfoundland.
- Over 30 years experience in mineral exploration as an exploration geologist & mining executive.
- Most recently, Past Vice President Geology, Franco-Nevada Corporation responsible for evaluating global mineral deposits.
- Co-Founder & director of Orla Mining Ltd., & Director of Aurion Resources Ltd.
- Previously, VP Exploration Rainy River Resources Ltd., VP Exploration Messina Minerals Inc., Senior Geologist for Voisey’s Bay Nickel Co. Ltd.
Vice President, Investor Relations
- Public markets specialist with over 25 years of experience in mining industry from exploration to production.
- Represented mining resource companies listed on major stock exchanges (including TSX and NYSE).
- Responsibilities have included corporate governance, corporate communications, finance and maintaining strong relationships within investment banking and institutional investors.
- Former VP of Belcarra Group, Alio Gold/Timmins Gold, Orko Silver and Founding Director of Gold Producer Magna Gold.
Alejandro Caraveo, P.Geo
Country Manager, Mexico
- 25+ years in mineral resource exploration and development, strong relationships within government and Mexican business community.
- Former Managing Director Mineras de Soyopa SA and Gammon Lake de Mexico SA and Metales Interamericanos SA (subsidiary of Mexigold Resources).
Bruce Kienlen, P.Geo.
- Professional Geologist with over 20 years experience in mineral exploration working with junior and major exploration companies.
- Served as senior geologist with Canterra Minerals & Independence Gold, VP Exploration for Diamonds North Resources and project geologist for BHP Billiton.
- Played a key role in the discovery of the diamondiferous Repulse Bay (Qilalugaq) and Amaruk kimberlite fields.
Luis Saenz, B.Sc.
Project Technical Manager
- 31 years experience in exploration and development, construction and early production phases of both open pit and underground mines at Ocampo and expansion project for the La Guitarra Mine.
- Has extensive contacts throughout the Mexican mining industry.
Prime Mining Corp
We are committed to transparency and love to hear from investors.